Thread: Superhub Ddos issues for gamer
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 11:59   #8
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of
Re: Ddos issues for gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
...but this is NOT Virgin Media’s fault.
...and resolving it for you will likely cause a problem for the Virgin Media customer who inherits the IP address and DDOS attack.
I agree but this is an increasing problem as all my sons friends are having the same thing happen to them. When I phoned VM they put me through to another unit called the Gadget helpline who wanted to charge me a premium to fix my problem. Surely if a fix exists why wouldn't VM help me at first call.
So the scenario is if I can obtain a family's IP address I can vindictively take them down at my leisure as often and for as long as I like. This seriously needs looking at. And if all the people who are having my problem shead the original IP to prevent the attack there are going to be an awful lot of vulnerable reassigned IP addresses.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Can anyone recommend a decent router for around £160 that works with Superhub 2 in Modem mode? I've seen some routers have built in VPN is that as good as paying monthly for one?
cupcakes aka dd is offline   Reply With Quote