View Single Post
Old 16-10-2020, 07:59   #3473
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I argue against the prospect because separation would be impoverish the Scottish population, who are being sold a pup by England haters. If separation does happen, however, the remainder of the UK will gain financially from it.

Incidentally, the UK as a whole is paying for Trident, not just Scotland. Scotland would lose the income generated by those who work there and instead would have to pay unemployment benefits for those who could not get alternative employment or decided not to move back to England.
Impoverish the Scottish population

A laughable assertion. Essentially the “too wee, too small, too stupid” narrative all over again. Please Old Boy come up and campaign for Scotland to stay. I can’t think of anything better for the cause of independence than English people pretending to not care but seething on the inside as the union crumbles.

I think given your failure to understand Government finances in the Coronavirus thread I’ll not worry too much about your analysis of Scotland’s finances at a macroeconomic level. You keep your household budget economics for keeping Mrs OB happy with poor value linear TV packages.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote