Thread: A Duty To Die?
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2008, 11:32   #16
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: A Duty To Die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMG View Post
I would however, terminate dangerous criminals with mental health problems, serial rapists, murderers & pedophiles etc, no problem.
Ah, who decides these criteria though. Some you list are defined but
"dangerous criminals with mental health problems"?

If you were in power then anyone opposing you is obviously a criminal and must by definition be mentally unbalanced.

Also what of miscarriages of justice. Once someone is dead it is far harder to say, oops, sorry we got that one wrong. I am very much firmly of the opinion that it's better that guilty go free than the innocent are punished.
Death penalty also does not give the chance for the person to change and become a contributing member of society.