Thread: Racing (Car) 2017 Formula 1 Season Thread
View Single Post
Old 15-07-2017, 00:33   #74
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: 2017 Formula 1 Season Thread

There's no track capable of bringing F1 there without significant losses via needed alterations, none of which could afford it and that's without noting they can't make a profit on the race itself.

At the current cost the British GP can't be hosted anywhere without a different funding source. Governments and Arab businessmen are throwing their money at other track hosts. Silverstone any other track in the UK has no such luxury.

I have to back Silverstone on the decision. You can't keep hosting a race in which you're doing deeper into the red as the contract rolls on.

If Liberty Global want F1 to descend to the same levels of FIFA then let them. Baku is a horrible track, an opinion not just confined to myself but money talks. If Silverstone can't get a profitable plan from a renegotiation then it'll just continue F1's trend towards the big dollar, something that's been annoying me since Sky were allowed to purchase up the TV rights despite Channel 4 being in the running.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-07-2017 at 00:37.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote