View Single Post
Old 21-06-2019, 13:50   #5406
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
My thoughts are people are going to go back to streams and VPNs again. I find it quite funny since i started on the internet in 1996 just as the boom was occurring. The first few years were fairly laid back with only the hardcore IT guru knowing how to share stuff.

Then we got to 2001 and the likes of napster, kazaa and limewire exploded onto the scene. By 2004 these were either shut down or just a haven for viruses. Then the world of torrents became main stream and tv companies and music companies went on a war against them. shutting sites down and tracking users through the ISPs and fining people etc.

At that point spotify came more high profile. For a small amount you get millions of songs to listen to rather than 99p a song. Bargain. Netflix trotted on with a gaggle of different tv shows and movies for a cheap price with a rotating library. No longer did you need to stream! Everything was a reasonable price for once which people were prepared to pay! 16.99 gave you unlimited music and netflix.

But now the big companies lick their lips as they want a piece of the pie. So expect a tornado of streaming companies to launch meaning if you want everything.....you'll have to pay A LOT.

Its like the companies dont understand that there is a limit to what people are prepared to pay for. Less content on netflix will make netflix less appealing but it wont make new streaming providers more appealing as they'll have less of a library too. its fragmenting the entire services.

I can envision a world of VPNs becoming more popular again and rather than people paying 15-20 quid on spotify or apple music or amazon prime or netflix they'll pay a lot less and watch all these services via streaming websites or torrents again completing a full circle.
On the other hand, maybe people will ditch their conventional subscriptions and go streaming only.