View Single Post
Old 20-06-2019, 17:55   #5401
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I’m very curious to see what Disney’s offering looks like when it launches in the UK. If it’s as clean and all-you-can-eat as Netflix they could come to dominate very quickly.
I'm sure the actual Disney+ service will be as you describe, the problem is that Disney has, or will have, several streaming services at least in the States.

All of the Hollywood companies appear to be trying to replicate in the streaming world what they had in the linear channels world, ie multiple services. They haven't quite learned yet what made Netflix so successful.

---------- Post added at 17:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Disney has a UK service already, it's just not particularly well advertised and doesn't quite have the range of the new services in the US will. Disney Life was estimated by the person who told me it existed to have around 80% of what Disney+ will likely have.
Sky hold the rights for all new Disney films, so our Disney+ service will have less content to begin with.