View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 18:42   #39
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Which streaming apps do you use the most ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Anyone purchased the new Chromecast ?

Is it better than the old one ?
Yes I've bought one and am impressed. The new one has a remote and an interface unlike the original versions. It runs Android TV so lots of apps available then runs a "Google TV" interface over the top which lets you browse and get recommendations across all your apps in one place. I really like the idea of this. Only just got it so still working out how well this will work. It's a brand new product so I have no doubt it will improve over time. I was a little surprised there are no apps for All4, NowTV or UKTV Play, though of course you can cast these apps as you would via the older Chromecast devices. Also no AppleTV app if that's one of the services you use. To answer your question I think it's miles better than the old one and gives the best of both worlds.