View Single Post
Old 25-11-2016, 21:14   #76
MagicTorch
Inactive

MagicTorch is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Project Lightning Silence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
I wouldn't get too excited. Half of the borough of Wirral (which I appreciate you've probably never heard of but I use as an example) is showing that message. That's 20-30,000 houses. Highly unlikely they'll all be cabled. As Pierre said above only the places that get enough interest will be done.
I have heard of the Wirral & know it fairly well - have family living in the Wirral & I live in Widnes, which is reasonably close to the Wirral. Also aware of the high volume of houses in the Wirral which are likely targets for Project Lightning & understand the reasons why (fair amount of unused or part built infrastructure from the original cable franchise builds)

RE 'I would'nt get too excited' - sorry for being positive I am realistic & don't expect VM to start digging up my street tomorrow, next week, next month or even next year...but I am now reasonably confident that at some point before or around 2020, VM are likely to be able to provide me with a service.

I could be wrong, but my interpretation of the feedback from Pierre was that the communities listed on that 'November' leaked document were under consideration & would become part of the rollout if enough interest was registered before the end of the month.

Yesterday, 'Cable My Street' told me:

'Sorry, we can’t reach you at the moment. Thanks for your interest in Virgin Media services. We’re really sorry that we can’t connect you to Virgin Media in the near future. If you register your details, we can let you know if the situation changes.'

...whilst today, 'Cable My Street' tells me:

'We're on our way...Your community has been chosen for future development. We’re working as fast as we can to get to you but right now we can’t confirm when we’ll be able to connect this address to Virgin Media services.'

So without wanting to sound too much of an optimist, my take on this is that my community has now expressed enough interest & is part of the rollout plan. Why else would VM be saying 'We're are on our way'
MagicTorch is offline   Reply With Quote