View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 11:14   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Glad I don't live in the US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angua View Post
Also producing the least efficient service at the same time. When 30% of the US health care cost is in Administering insurance payments, the system is borked.

Yet for some reason the Tories seem to love these profit driven health care providers.

Why they cannot look at more cost effective efficient EU systems I do not know?
I don’t think proposals to Americanise our health system have ever gone further than the occasional fringe meeting at party conference. You have to bear in mind that “Tories want to privatise the NHS” is a standard, dog-whistle Labour attack line. It has no basis in fact, as is evidenced by the fact that they’ve not done it, nor even proposed it, despite there being a Tory PM and health secretary for 27 of the last 40 years.

Nobody, neither Labour nor Tory, ever proposes looking closely at the various systems operating in Europe because most of them use co-payment, or privately-run hospitals, or both. Despite, as you say, being effective ways of reducing waste and increasing efficiency, such things are shibboleth in British politics, where the NHS is sacrosanct and therefore doomed to struggle valiantly on in more or less its current form.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote