View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 16:06   #236
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough
Re: B&Q Satellite - Ross freesat box and dish

I doubt if there'd be enough space for a drive. In any case, fitting an internal drive would cause you to break the warranty seal.

The box it came in made sure you were in no doubt that the unit has NO 7-day EPG. Just now and next. The more I think about the techie's "Sky Plus" comment the more I'm confused by it.

Visually the box is black with a red LED display for the channel number, a red light to indicate power is getting to the unit and a yellow light above that to indicate it's either operating (light on) or not. There's a peculiar round button arrangement to the right of that which I've not had to use yet as the remote seems to do everything I need.

In MPEG2 Decoding the formats the 8130 is capable of are 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p and 1080i whilst audio decoding is MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (Layer I/II), AC-3 & E-AC-3 (both marked as optional) and HE-AAC (Levels 2&4). Dolby isn't mentioned at all by name.

Sampling frequency is listed as 32K/44.1K/48K.

That about covers it.

John
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote