View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 13:53   #1169
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What I said was that instead of live TV channels as they are now, they would be streamed instead. Stop being so argumentative. You know perfectly well what I'm saying.

Since you responded, I added David Bouchier's quote about 'linear' TV in my earlier post to underline the point that most people were using this terminology to describe existing TV channels and their demise in the future.

So channels such as BBC1,2,3 and 4 will all be found only in one place in the future - the BBC i-Player or its successor, and if the licence fee is abolished, maybe Britbox. There will simply be no point in having those separate channels, content will be listed by title/categories.

They will all be on demand except live events such as news and sport, which will be streamed.

Is that clear enough for you?
Fair enough, we’re back to the same lines that have been consistently debunked over the last five years. No real need to revisit your tired old arguments.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its what you call a hotchpotch of obfuscation and confusement.
Almost thought we had a breakthrough of common sense on Old Boys part but sadly not.