Thread: Superhub Please Help - Modem Mode
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 18:36   #13
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Please Help - Modem Mode

OK put the SHUB in modem mode - you've done that. If you attach a PC to the SHUB it will get a public IP from VM and you are on line. You say you've done that so access to the internet now works.

I don't know about the router you are using but above has the details. Some routers also have a modem in for ADSL type connections, others don't. From above is seems that yours does but can also act as a wireless route. So attach your PC to the router and see if you can connect to that. Once you can do that you can do the above and go to "Wireless Router Mode". Reboot the router, can your PC still see the router? If yes now you can go about connecting the router to the SHUB.

Connect normal ethernet cable from port 1 on the SHUB to the WAN/internet port on the router. One one of mine it's coloured blue as opposed to the yellow of the LAN ports. Don't use the VDSL/ADLS port, this may have different connector anyway. If you don't have a WAN port it could be one of the LAN ports.

The SHUB will be on 192.168.100.1 in modem mode.

You want the router to act as DHCP server.