Thread: Superhub Please Help - Modem Mode
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 12:44   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Please Help - Modem Mode

I am wondering if the shub and router are trying to use the same ip address and when you navigate to it you are connecting to the shub instead of the router. I have had that problem before.

There are two options in the shub. Although you are presented with a login screen, you can click on router status below and it will load the connection stats for the modem side of the shub. If you wanted to take the shub out of modem mode and configure any of the router settings you would need to login. The default username is "admin" and the password is on the bottom of the shub and labelled as "settings password" and for me it is something like eight or nine numbers long.

If you are indeed having the problem that I suspected above I would suggest connecting your router to your pc first without connecting it to anything else, navigating to the gui and customising the settings such as lan ip address and dns servers. My lan ip and subnet are completely different to what the what tries to use so there is never any confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamTG View Post
I have put the TP Link in wifi only mode. I have put the Hub 3 in Modem mode.
that means you have no router to manage the devices on your network and route the traffic hence no internet connection.

Quote:
I found the DHCP setting on the TP Link and there are options I don't understand! DHCP Server or DHCP Relay.
dhcp server

Quote:
There is lso a setting on the TP Link called VLAN ID. Do I need this selected?
no

Quote:
Plus an internet connection type - set a Bridge.
put it back in router mode or do a pinhole reset. Everything will work fine on default settings and the only thing you should be changing is your wifi ssid and password. Don't change anything else unless you know what you are doing.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote