Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2021, 20:37   #3229
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

It's not about protecting AZ from the EU - that's a by-product of the retribution I'm proposing.

But retribution is necessary. We must not lie down with our legs in the air while the EU craps on us.
I'm not being argumentative for the sake of it. I've always tried to frame it in my head without flags. While the UK obviously has an interest in the outcome - the race to vaccination is obviously the new Operation Moonshot - however contract law is contract law. And while few (none?) of us are experts in contract law it doesn't appear that the EU were told that UK supplies came first and theirs second. The UK contract is indicated to suggest to that effect, however that's irrelevant if as the EU are suggesting that AZ are in breach of contract with them.

It looks like AZ will have to breach a contract somewhere as the terms of neither contract can be fulfilled in the context of sub-optimal production performance.