View Single Post
Old 18-08-2020, 09:40   #3147
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The UK government might be a net contributor to Scotland at the moment but it's not always been the case every year. With people no longer needing to be office-based and increasing electricity generation north of the border, and potential Scottish EU entry if independent, things may change.
Oh, wow! So with everyone working at home now, we can scrap the Barnett formula and the Scots would not even notice! Jeez, nice one, Andrew, I'll get on to Boris straight away...

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I don't disagree with any of that.

As I said to Old Boy earlier, the movement for devolution is about the heart and not the wallet and the SNP doubtless endeared itself with parents by taking the right decision on exam results four days ahead of the UK government.
Yes, I agree the motivation for the Scots is hatred of the English. However, they are also careful with their money - they are renowned for it.

North Sea oil has been a factor in the move towards independence, but that is of diminishing significance as the world moves to clean energy and reserves dwindle. Has the SNP woken up this reality and factored it into their fag packet calculations?

I note your answer to the points I made about the cost of independence, which actually didn't answer those points. 'Project Fear' was a cop out, I expected at least some reasoning in your answer, even if I didn't agree with it.
OLD BOY is online now   Reply With Quote