View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 15:31   #11
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Uber licence revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
We'll see of course but TFL gets to issue the licences and if they have provisions to qualify then they're probably well within their rights to deny it. I suspect any appeal from Uber would attempt to show they did meet those terms rather than the authority of TFL to issue them.

I would say that the initial reading of the case suggest the rules are pretty clear and Uber didn't follow them. Unless there is something we're missing (i.e Uber did have their riders CRB checked etc) then it seems simple enough. I think this case will become a proxy for people's existing politics rather than the actual merits of this case.
If they were crystal clear and Uber just didn't follow them then that'd be pretty stupid surely. IMHO it's more likely to be down to different view about what their responsibilities are and the desire to clarify the applicable law.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote