View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 18:10   #2947
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Partygate & Beergate discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
student who filmed Beergate video has told Durham Police they will testify in court and claims event was 'entirely social'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ify-court.html

Pressure is mounting on Sir Keir Starmer over Beergate as Durham police have asked a witness if they are prepared to give evidence in court.
Quote:
One told The Mail on Sunday they had been asked by police to testify in court
I think Ivo has misinterpreted what the Police may have said to him - I discussed this yesterday with our friend (who is a Regional Crown Prosecutor with the CPS), and they thinks it’s likely that the local Police (if/when Durham Police took a statement from him) would have informed him that if it goes to Court, he may be called as a witness.

They also pointed out that the decision whether or not to prosecute would rest with the CPS, not the Police, and the CPS would contact any witnesses if a prosecution was happening.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.