View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 16:25   #3636
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Gotta love predictions for 2030 when most experts struggle to be right a couple of years from now yet come brexit we have all these predictions of gloom how do all those countries outside the EU manage to survive. Honestly no one has the first damn clue about whats actually going to happen it's all guesswork most of it driven by whatever side they are on it's boring and predictable. Until we are out and have a trading position in place no one can predict doom and gloom or rainbows and unicorns far too many volatile factors that haven't been set yet and that ignores the problems the EU is going to have in the coming years which may end up making brexit look like a genius move on our part. The way so many remain supporters completely ignore the gaping problems the EU is facing and insist it's the only way to a prosperous future is truly incomprehensible.
Countries outside the EU are irrelevant as the problem isn't actually surviving outside the EU, but having to renegotiate potentially tens of thousands of agreements. No other country is in that position. We are the first to leave the EU.

Bearing that in mind, it's actually logical to prepare for the worst case scenario and hope that it doesn't happen rather than prepare for some bonanza which may or not happen, and hope that it does. This is, as I understand it, what the experts are actually doing. If you prepare for the worst case and it doesn't happen, you've lost nothing, and may actually cope better than if you prepared for the best case and it didn't happen. On the other hand, if you prepare for the worst case, and the best case happens, you have profited.

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Well the BBC is biased either way depending on who you ask.
E.g.https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/polit...reporting/amp/

Everyone is biased one way or another, however in an organisation as big as the BBC it usually balances out. The BBC is maybe the only true independent media we have left. Politicians from all sides have tried to bully it. We'll be sorry when it's gone. Do you trust Murdoch's Sky more?
That's why I think the BBC is actually the closest we have to a balanced media outlet. I am sure it has it's own biases, but the fact that every political party (and both Leave and Remain campaigns) have complained it is biased against them means, I think it's probably relatively impartial.

That said, I still do question the important stuff they publish, like the articles about Brexit.