Thread: Football Season 2017/2018
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 19:55   #1003
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Season 2017/2018

First half penalty is a pretty easy one too looking back at it. It's an easy foul anyway, the penalty although is a penalty I'm not sure about, we've seen them given as free kicks outside the box. You assume Smalling gets a yellow and naturally he picks up a second one for diving later in the match. Doesn't work out like that though so there's no real argument there. Justice is that Smalling dives, gets booked and Newcastle score from the resulting free-kick.

Valencia pulls off the extreme fortune of not walking down the tunnel early. Newcastle fans aren't going to be too annoyed now, but I can imagine a few teams are miffed they've seen their own players serving bans for exactly this.

Two big decisions, both completely wrong.

Firmino doesn't get a penalty? But hold up, we were literally punished against Palace because Clark put his arms around the forward in the box from a corner, which is it please, it can't be a foul and not a foul. So Palace get one, it's a foul, Lamela for Spurs, foul and lastly Firmino, no foul, majority of other games over the week, no foul. I mean what? What are the purpose of rules if we're just going to skate either side of the rule rather than straight down the middle.

It's not about Newcastle, Man United or Liverpool here, it's once again about the shocking amount of decisions that are wrong each weekend now. How far backwards have we actually gone. I can't recall another season where this was a weekly problem now. I remember it being once a month or so. We're not talking about daft free kicks here either that they get wrong every game, we're talking about game changing decisions.

At least we're training refs right at the lower levels.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 11-02-2018 at 20:09.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote