View Single Post
Old 17-04-2019, 20:51   #27
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
On the other hand, its just an old building that burned down, something that probably happens everyday somewhere in the world. From my POV I dont consider it "Tragic", just a bit unfortunate for the owners. You would think it would be insured as well.
It's not any old building though, it's Notre-Dame. It's the French equivalent of Parliament or Buckingham Palace burning down. Any other old building doesn't have that history or significance in French and Western culture, not to mention Catholicism for whom Notre-Dame has to be one of the most ironic sites outside of Rome. I think it is pretty tragic as a result.

I am not sure who owns it. I assume the French state does. I am not even sure if any insurance company would take on something like Notre-Dame, it's invaluable really.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote