View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 14:47   #38
wantowork
Inactive

wantowork is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Universal Credit

Hi! New to this forum and in desperate situation. Just wrote story of my life and lost it. So - this is in short! Lost my job 3 months ago. I rent double room in flatshare. My landlord was adamant if I claim benefits I should move out. I am entitled to benefits - so while frantically applying for jobs, was looking high and low to rent DSS (sgl/dbl room, London), came across fraud and lewd offers. Finally found someone keen to help. They offered to present their own rent agreement - and I would say that I am staying there as friend on agreement to contribute 1/3 of the rent. I need to fill the UC asap. It starts from the postcode. I was told the application processing takes 4-6 weeks . If I give new address - and this paperwork version is not sufficient, potentially I may not get housing benefit - and potentially will become homeless. I cannot claim under that address while living here to see what happens. Here I need to give 1 weeks notice - but the landlord is getting nervous and would love me to move out. I seriously don't want to get into situation where I am staying because the landlord by law cannot chuck me out on the street but I am running out of money. Any experience what documents are required in terms of proving rent? Many thanks
wantowork is offline   Reply With Quote