View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 19:28   #31
Linnie
Inactive

Linnie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Universal Credit

Hi I have just found out from my Landlord that when he applied for my Rent from UC to be paid directly to him they have not paid any rent for the last couple of months and now he has threatened to Evict me yet by his own mistake he gave them the incorrect NI number for me if he had just let me deal with it all I would have kept on top of what was going on with rent payments. After spending one day and a half getting through to Glasgow City Housing they have told me that I should phone DWP as my rent should have been paid by UC YET when I spoke to my UC Advisor two days before he stated that he UC has nothing to do with my rent payments Im so Confused as to who pays what and to Who?

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:14 ----------

I think that UC should be Scrapped and it should go back to the Benefit system before that was not without flaws though at least the Housing Benefit was more straight forward and you didnt end up Homeless as it seems UC Advisors do not know enough about their job or how to Advice I am not only jobless and doing my best to find work im now under pressure to sort out why ive not been paid rent yet ive been paid UC and now I have a Court Date for Rent Arrears? I thought it would be straight forward I was made redundant and could claim this Hardship UC till I found a new job now im in Big Trouble with Landlord and I could loose my House that I have stayed in for over 20 years I have been paying Tax for years yet when I need help I get hassle I have to fill out on DWP Gateway daily what I do to find work I feel like putting a message on there to state that if your Benefit system UC was more short term user friendly then I could spent more time and energy seeking work rather than on the phone to sort out a mess that could make me Homeless.
Linnie is offline   Reply With Quote