View Single Post
Old 27-01-2018, 19:06   #159
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

ITV is just overflowing with dross which I never watch, so I won't miss it at all.

But if Virgin do pay up, they will no doubt pass on the cost to subscribers even if we don't want it!

Exactly as they did with the BT Sports channels.
They've done a few good dramas, to be fair, but I watch only a minimal amount of output from that channel.

By far the most watched channels in this house are BBC 1 and 2, Sky Atlantic (via Now TV), Netflix and Amazon. My wife also watches TLC and Lifetime quite a lot.

If ITV want to take away their presence on Virgin Media in a fit of pique, I'm not really bothered, although to be fair I can still watch all their channels on Freeview if I want to as I have an aerial and a DVD recorder.

---------- Post added at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
ITV is just overflowing with dross which I never watch, so I won't miss it at all.

But if Virgin do pay up, they will no doubt pass on the cost to subscribers even if we don't want it!

Exactly as they did with the BT Sports channels.
Well, the cost of TV subscriptions did not go up when the BT Sport channels arrived on our screens. They simply became part of the package.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote