View Single Post
Old 16-05-2017, 22:44   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Switching from PAYG to pay monthly

Osem Jnr. has muddled along for ages using his Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM plus 1gb data bundle for £5 pm.

Being out and about a lot more now, he's running short of data and wanting to change to a pay monthly SIM only deal so has asked me for advice lol (I'm the guy who spends about £20 pa on PAYG for my entire mobile needs lol).

I've seen that VM are currently doing a 4G deal for 1500 mins, unlimited texts and 2gb data for £9pm which is on a 30 day rolling contract which presumably lasts for 1 year minimum.

On the other hand Three are doing unlimited calls and texts plus 4GB data for the same price for a 1 year contract which seems like a better deal.

I don't want him to make a big mistake so, aside from the allowances, what are the important differences between these 2 deals/contacts? He already has a 3 PAYG SIM which he uses because the calls and texts are considerably cheaper than his Virgin PAYG but he wants to retain his Virgin number. At present he has his Virgin SIM in an Apple 6 and his 3 SIM in another handset and is used to carrying both.

I have no idea if 4G is available widely around this area on either network but presumably the SIM card will simply switch to 3G if it isn't available. Is there anything else to consider?

TIA as always.

Last edited by Osem; 16-05-2017 at 22:48.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote