View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 21:02   #52
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
We have had a good number of new channels over the last year, and we are grateful for that, but many have been fairly low quality or low interest channels. I hope now under Liberty management we can look forward to getting all the channels we would expect to see on the cable platform.

At the very least, we should have Sky Atlantic/HD, Drama, More Movies, MGM HD, Sony Movies, BT Sports 1 and 2/HD and ESPN/HD, all of which are prominently set out in listings magazines such as TV and Satellite Week. Other HD channels that we do not presently have should also be added.

Additionally, Virgin Media should put on a decent choice of 3D material, and if this cannot be done through video on demand, a deal should be done with Sky for Sky 3D.

Just by doing this, it will encourage more people over to Virgin Media as we will no longer be regarded by satellite viewers as the 'poor relation'. That will bring more money into VM and help them to improve services further.

It is heartbreaking to see the possibilities with the TIVO box not being exploited. I thought we would at least have access to Lovefilm or Netflix by now - this was being mooted well over a year ago. Only a small number of the apps VM have given us are worth having. Personally, I only use the i-Player, news, weather and You-Tube, which is a poor relation of the internet version. Such a shame. Such a wasted opportunity.
AFAIK VM are the only platform that remain commited to 3D and have announced plans for more VOD 3D content.

As 3D hasn't really taken off and Sky have partially unencrypted their own 3D channel to try and improve ratings, it wouldn't surprise me if Sky 3D appeared on VM. It's no longer the draw for customets that Sky obviously thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocav View Post
As I pointed out in vol. 3 they could still keep the exclusivity label as both services are operated by BSkyB.
Indeed.