View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 17:23   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Angry Phil Coulson was right!

To explain:

For the last year I've been a member of the Bike Locker Users' Club, making use of thw BLUC lockers at Moor Lane. My typical work night went like this: ride bike to Moor Lane; put it in a locker, safe and weatherproof; catch bus to work; do my shift; catch bus back to Moor Lane; retrieve bike; ride home. Easy. I wish I'd known about the scheme two or three bike thefts ago.

Now the new Bolton Interchange has opened, and Moor Lane's closed. But hey, there's a brand new cycle hub just outside, with swipecard access and CCTV, and it's enclosed and therefore weatherproof. Great...

...except you can't use the damn thing past midnight and I work nights. It is therefore utterly useless for my purposes. Hence the thread title, which refers to what Coulson said in the very first episode of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

"People tend to confuse the words 'new' and 'improved'."

This new thing is not, to me, an improvement. This restriction is apparently for "security reasons".

Oh, please. They seriously need to get over themselves and grow up. Nothing security-related ever happens in Bolton. EVER. The announcements over the PA in Moor Lane and the train station - "Please help to reduce the number of security alerts by keeping your luggage with you at all times" - are irrelevant in Bolton. If the number of alerts is reduced, we then have a negative number of alerts - what, if anything, does that mean?!