View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 22:02   #13
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Lower pay for NHS staff in poorer areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think the more pressing problem is that there should be any region of the UK where State employment levels are high enough that State pay levels would 'restrict growth'.

The fact is, employers in these areas already face wage pressures because the State is artificially inflating levels thanks to national pay. The idea that wages in the south should be lifted, rather than lowered in the north, is insane. Where do you propose we find the money to pay for that?
I know it's insane ,but what about the people who have bought houses and built a lifestyle about their chosen profession based on current income levels ? Are they supposed to accept it and try to sell up or abandon what they have worked for because the government decides they aren't worth as much tomorrow as they where yesterday ?.
Should this proposal actually happen it will be a life changing decision for many people .Of course all this depends on how much they decide to drop the northern wage but going by your earlier statement i would expect it to be quite a lot