View Single Post
Old 13-04-2011, 17:36   #6
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of
Re: No Internet Access and VM can't help :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactagg View Post
Hi Guys

Just to say that I've solved the problem!!

(Yes, i had tried an ethernet cable as well and that didnt work either, and i tried the pin reset button on the hub a million times but no luck!)

Turns out it was to do with McAfee Security?! I googled my problem and someone else had had the same issue and suggested doing the following:
Run > "msconfig" > Services. Disable the mcafee network agent and the mcafee firewall core service.

I did this - and hey presto!

It does mean that I don't have a firewall anymore though so not sure how to get the firewall back up AND keep internet access....

Thanks everyone :-)
Well done!

Just make sure that your Windows firewall is active. You don't need more than one firewall! There is also a firewall in the Superhub but most people seem to be switching it off.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote