View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 01:23   #42
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: List of web browsers for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by toom
[]And saying that websites are poorly programed because they do not support FF is just a cop out, try the other way round. Maybe FF will be the future of web browsing, but it's got a long way to go yet before it can take on IE or MSN, FF has done litte for me so far apart from saving my passwords when I DL when I use from paysites, it can't even multiple DL.
Actually, when you say "Multiple DL", you mean "split a file into pieces and download from multiple servers", then IE cannot do that either, without extra software.

As for websites not displaying properly on FF, well, that *is* bad coding on those sites. You appear to be assuming that everyone views the web on a PC. While most people do, not everyone does. A lot of people view the web on their mobiles, or handheld devices (such as Playstation Portables or PDAs) attached to wireless networks. I haven't even mentioned the people who view the web through their TV, or the blind who may need to use adapted browsers (a site that relies on special IE features won't work well with screen readers. I also haven't mentioned that sizable number of user who dare to use an Operating System that is in competition to Windows (MacOSX, Linux and other Unixes).

anyway, I have to admit, I agree with you in one way, I don't like Firefox myself. I personally prefer Opera.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote