View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 19:14   #10922
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Warner Discovery is not a platform. My understanding it has at least three: HBO Max (not UK till at least 2025), Discovery + and Eurosport. The latter two are also sold as a single package.

I can envisage the Eurosport and BT Sport platforms converging with a discount for those taking Discovery + and EuroSport/BT Sport. EE is now BT's main consumer brand for the future so BT may not have a problem fading out the BT Sport brand, especially as the long-term head of BT Sport has now left.

Expect lots of offers to BT and EE customers to make it worth their while taking Discovery +.

In the long-term, I do think we could see a combined Warner Brothers Discovery streaming service to potentially rival Now TV in breadth of content. But I suspect sport would still be sold as an add-on and separately due to its cost. Commercial pressures - why turn away good money? - may encourage it to still wholesale some or all channels to Sky and VM.
Warner is not a platform here at present, I agree, but ultimately I think the scripted content and the sports will be added to Discovery + (which may be renamed).

Clearly, the sport will have to be an additional tier. I don’t see any alternative option, to be honest.