Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2022, 22:42   #748
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
They did stop for a while - but should be OK now.
True, but imagine how confused a person with a severe sight impairment will have been.

I tried to watch a recording from the AD channels and was met with a message saying that the recording was no longer available because Virgin no longer carried the channel and gave an option to delete it.

I was going to, but i'm glad I didn't as they then became accessible again.

Someone with no useable sight will have had no chance of understanding what was going on.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
BBC1 & BBC2 AD channels on 851 & 852 have now been removed from the network, as has the Metadata that supports any recordings.

Not that significant really, but will disappoint those wanting to minimise recording space by recording in SD.
I am one of them. The AD feeds were useful to save on disc space. I've spoken to my contact today because i'm not happy at all about this and they said they would have to speak to the office manager and will ring me tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Due to health issues i've built up a backlog of various dramas and recording in SD allowed me to stay under the limit before it started deleting stuff. Now i'm chasing my tail and have had to delete some programmes that I did want to watch.

I don't even think they were using up any capacity, weren't they pointing to a duplicate stream??