Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 24-10-2017, 17:48   #61
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Which is why, in my view, Virgin needs to acquire UHD content that Sky and BT don't have.

Think Virgin Media exclusives on demand in UHD, other streaming services in UHD, and so on. I trust that Eurosport UHD will come to VM as soon as it is launched as well.

Hopefully, the BT wholesale deal can be upgraded before the existing contract comes to an end in 2019 and we can get their sports channels in UHD as part of that new contract, although I suspect that nothing will be forthcoming until 2019, assuming BT are still in the game by then.

As for Sky Sports - when is our existing contract due to be re-negotiated? I don't think Sky will actually withhold UHD, but they might want a pretty packet for it. However, that ceases to be an issue if Amazon come marching in!
come on OB you know sky well enough don't you no chance they let anyone else ever have UHD sports or SA
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote