View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 17:59   #5
Losttheplot

Re: Freesat set-up: an introduction, with photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
I believe the BBC's aim was to mimic the Freeview red button stuff rather than Sky, however a certain similarity is inevitable across all platforms as the Beeb likes to brand them all the same, as 'BBCi'.

The EPG has eight days (today plus a complete week ahead).

C4 has been FTA since just before Freesat's formal launch in May and has been part of the Freesat line up from day one. However this was on a different transponder to the one Sky boxes are tuned. They have been broadcasting a parallel service ever since. If C4 has now gone FTA on Sky boxes, that means they have completed the migration process.
The Beebs feeds are same on Sky and Freesat (its the same transponder like C4 now) so probably why the Freesat and Sky interactive look the same.
I know C4 had a London region broadcasting FTA for a quite a while but I think the 6 regions only became available in the last few weeks.
I wonder if the Freesat system will allow triggers to update an overrunning programming (like Sky's) or will be set (like Virgins)?

Not sure I'd be happy with a Goodmans box though, not exactly known for long lasting reliable products!