View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 23:42   #24
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The over-40s should pay a 'social care premium'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
.... surely what I wanted was your opinion. If I wanted to read someone else's opinion, I'd would have (and have) googled it.
I also note that foreign aid isn't on that list.....
You seem to be looking for issues where there are none. All I wanted to know what you thought of as non essential spending.... but if you don't want to give your opinion, fine... <shrugs/>
You wanted some more examples. There are many on the list I linked to, most of which I agree with. Take your pick. Why do you want my opinion about what I think should be cut?

Make up your own mind, you don't need my permission to form an opinion on whether there are many opportunities to reduce waste. The evidence is before you. You choose what looks like unnecessary levels of expenditure. I would be interested in your view!

All I'm saying is that the knee-jerk reaction to increase taxes to fund the NHS betrays rather a lack of backbone and imagination.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexz View Post
It MAY be trying to prevent fraud, but its not fraud if it's legal.
Agreed, and I think we all know that.

I would certainly have no objection to tax perks allowed by the government to be outlawed. I'm not defending that.

---------- Post added at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
no, he's offering him a shovel to dig himself into a hole
No hole here, mate. Are you sure you are standing on solid ground?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote