View Single Post
Old 27-06-2018, 20:46   #19
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The over-40s should pay a 'social care premium'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have actually answered your question but compiling a list would take too much of my valuable time. I am amazed that you think the government spends the money they collect from you well, but I suppose ignorance is bliss.[COLOR="Silver"]
Well.... firstly, stop throwing around insults - at no point did I say I believe that the government is spending all its money wisely. I even said "I agree that there is massive waste, and poor budgeting within government organisations." - implying that I am ignorant simply because I'm asking for your opinion seems a little asinine.

Secondly, you've still not given an example of what you think is non essential - all you've done is reply with a tautologous statement :"Non essential simply means not spending on things the country doesn't need."

Thirdly, I'm not asking for a list, I'm asking for a couple of items - you listed foreign aid as one, I'm asking for 2 or 3 more items; not a fully documented alphabetised list, with references. I'm asking for your opinion. Surely you can spare some of your valuable time to give your opinion.

Fourthly, I think you're confusing 'non essential' with 'poor budgeting' & 'wasteful spending' - non essential is spending money on things that are not considered to be 'needed' - like foreign aid in your example - poor budgeting and wasteful spending would be things like spending £60 on a ream of paper from one supplier that would cost £15 if they purchased from Amazon - which is a documented example of how badly their budgets are managed.

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
That's a side step. He's not asking for a full list just a couple would do..
^^^ wot she said
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote