View Single Post
Old 30-03-2019, 14:26   #35
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Shootings at 2 New Zealand Mosques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
How can I be doing that? I'm at a much higher level of abstraction.

I think you think you’re being abstract, but there’s nothing abstract about four dozen people being murdered for practicing a religion outside of its region of origin.*

“Reducing opportunity” is the same argument used to insinuate that a woman’s choice of Friday night outfit is a factor when she gets raped. You simply can’t advocate simplistic cause and effect arguments in situations where humans are involved. We are moral beings; we don’t operate from instinct, we have moral understanding of one kind or another and we make moral choices.

If a man rapes a woman, that is entirely due to his disregard for what society considers morally abhorrent; likewise if a man guns down a lot of Muslims.

* Fun fact, Christianity also originated in the Middle East, as did Judaism for that matter.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote