View Single Post
Old 16-12-2019, 12:47   #1
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Easy/cheap shared drive

Hi,

I have movies stored on my PC that I would like to access from my TV without the PC having to be on. I know I can use a NAS and transfer the files to that but is there a cheaper solution? Could I connect a harddrive to my router? (Well, another router as my VM hub does not have a USB port).

Basically I want to write stuff to a drive and stream to my TV without the need for the PC being on, or having to disconnect and reconnect a drive from PC to TV.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote