View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 11:29   #359
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
So I just got Virgin installed again today, after quite the ordeal. It came with a V6 box, except it doesn't seem to work with my setup.

I have an AMP between it and my TV, if I connect to the AMP I get a HDCP 2.2 error. From looking around, this appears to be a known issue - the issue isn't the AMP (Which is 2.2 compliant) but actually the TV, which isn't. Stupidly, if I plug directly into the TV it does work but I don't get my nice surround.

I've done some Googling and it seems this is a known issue and in fact by design as per the HDMI spec - no downgrades to older HDCP versions, either everything is the same version or nothing is. So far the ONLY solution I've seen for this is to use a box to strip the HDCP protection back to 1.4, but this also means you lose Dolby/DTS unless you also connect via optical. That seems like a frustrating and poor workaround to me.

Is my above information correct? Is there anything I could have missed? If there's a way of getting this to work properly, as in just one HDMI cable from the V6 to my amp then I'm all ears, otherwise I'll be requesting they remove the V6 box entirely as I'm not faffing about with multiple inputs for some basic TV.
I had the very same problem with my Yamaha amp, in the end I had to get this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I still get DD5.1 via the V6 box, so all good in the end.