View Single Post
Old 30-10-2012, 10:38   #209
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
strange. i swear i heard ESPN brought more rights to Ligue1, Serie A, Budesliga etc. which they were going to focus on. this was said prior to the sell so may be it was a plot to sell ESPN as a whole rather than having plans to carry without the EPL. will they share euro fixtures or is ESPN going to sell it off to BT
I know they signed deals for foreign football leagues for more than one year and Wiki states:

In May 2012, ESPN acquired the rights to broadcast the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A from Brazil,[54] followed by a deal in June to broadcast Ligue 1 from France.[55] In July, ESPN announced a renewed multi-season Bundesliga rights deal, lasting until the 2014-15 season, for up to four matches per week (all in high definition).[56] It will also screen action from the DFL-Supercup, as well as a highlights packages and video on-demand footage. In addition, agreements for the Eredivisie and Russian Premier League were also renewed
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote