View Single Post
Old 28-05-2008, 21:01   #7412
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark777 View Post
Just trying to anticipate the wriggles. This means that it was sent from the server? Does it mean it was copied to a phorm e-mail address?

If not, what would be left on the server in the way of logs etc?

I'm just trying establish if BT/Phorm can argue that no data was collected/kept by phorm. They can probably argue it's not phishing because BT themselves must have pointed the URL towards that site.

Having said that, BT could have pointed it towards the information page, Phorm could have added the 'contact us' bit by themselves. That would be phishing.

Perhaps BT need to confirm that they authorised Phorm to collect the 'contact us' information?
Thanks - I too want to investigate the wriggle room!

This contact form was filled in after the moderator of the forum specifically squashed a phishing discussion about this site, and told us NOT to report it to anti-phishing sites and he said, "Before you start to send emails to the moderators and our abuse team about this, http://webwise.bt,com isn't a phishing site. It's merely a part of BT.com that is hosted on a different set of servers, much like bt.custhelp.com which is hosted on Right Now's servers in California. Right Now's servers also handle all of the traffic in the "Contact Us" section of BT.com just like the form on the Webwise site and with a similar level of security for handling details like your account numbers.
Sending us lots of emails reporting this will delay the abuse team from dealing with genuine reports of phishing sites so I'd appreciate it if you didn't.
Thanks"

He doesn't say - this BT Webwise site is managed by a recognised commercial partner.
He doesn't say - Phorm run our Webwise customer help service.
He is responding to a specific debate on his forum about the security of data handled by this site, which has taken place on the forum he moderates, and following his "reassurance" I decided to test it out by using the contact form.

BT have also kept insisting all over the place that they do not send identifiable personal data to Phorm.

But is there any "technical" wriggle room relating to the headers?