View Single Post
Old 22-08-2018, 19:31   #5685
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The what are you drinking now thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
I keep thinking about home brew.... is it a lot of hassle? is it rewarding?
It's very easy as long as the equipment is sterilised beer brews in 7-10 days but it doesn't taste like beer until it's aged 2-4 weeks after that it just improves with age , work's out as low as 35p per pint and tastes more like real ale than the shop bought alternative ,you can tweak recipes to have more or less alcohol to suit your own taste.
it comes in a can of concentrate all you do is add sugar/water and yeast and sit back and wait ,when it's finishes fermenting you add beer finings to make all the dead yeast fall to the bottom of the barrel /bucket .
some people obsess about specific gravity but i don't it doesn't seem to make any difference to me.