View Single Post
Old 29-06-2020, 08:17   #830
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Black Lives Matter

Strangely enough, the BLM Foundation mentioned above isn’t associated with the actual Black Lives Matter Global Network...

https://mashable.com/article/black-l...m/?europe=true
Quote:
The 'Black Lives Matter Foundation' isn't the real BLM, but it's raised millions in donations

The Black Lives Matter Foundation raised millions of dollars in donations. But it is not associated with the Black Lives Matter movement that sparked worldwide protests against police brutality.

BuzzFeed reports the "charitable organization" raised at least $4.35 million in early June, according to estimates. The Black Lives Matter Foundation is based in Santa Clarita, California and has one paid employee: its founder Robert Ray Barnes.

In a statement to BuzzFeed, Barnes said the foundation is not associated with the one behind the global movement.

"I don't have anything to do with the Black Lives Matter Global Network. I never met them, never spoke to them," Barnes said. "Our whole thing is having unity with the police department."
Quote:
The Black Lives Matter Global Network began when the phrase "Black Lives Matter" started trending after neighborhood watch member George Zimmerman shot and killed a Black teenage boy. At first, the movement didn't have centralized leadership. Since then, the movement has grown to a network of local Black Lives Matter chapters.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote