View Single Post
Old 26-06-2020, 00:10   #805
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
You have not, and indeed cannot explain why 4no. Well equipped, well trained, professional policemen, failed to contain and control 1no. Unarmed man without killing him.

You can go on all you want about whatever you want, but you can’t explain that one very important point.

You can’t defend it, and you can’t mitigate it. The truth is simple.

I’ll tell you this, I guarantee if it was in the UK, he wouldn’t have died.
Well equipped? The only thing even slightly useful was the handcuffs. What use would guns, batons, and torches be? Just a ludicrous suggestion. They DID manage to contain and control him, but he was determined it wasn't going to stay that way. People ALL AROUND THE WORLD, including the UK, have died in similar circumstances. I've given enough examples in this thread. Unless the vehicle was the equivalent of a "padded cell", the possibility of him harming HIMSELF was always there. Again examples have been given.

They didn't restrain him just for the sake of it, it NEEDED doing.

---------- Post added at 00:10 ---------- Previous post was at 00:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Resisting arrest - it happens all the time and across the world, which is why police vans have cages in them to protect the officers transporting them.
It's just highly unusual for suspects - particularly unarmed ones - to die when resisting arrest.
1) Not that unusual, I've provided examples in this thread.
2) It's not just about the possibility of harming other officers, which at the moment could include spitting at them. It is about the person injuring themselves, eg bashing their head against the window or cage. At one stage he in was INSIDE the patrol car, and the others weren't in it, so no danger to them. Then because of HIS behaviour, and for HIS own safety, he had to be removed.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote