View Single Post
Old 25-06-2020, 23:26   #803
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
This is what your words were.
"I didn’t say they should use them. The fact they have them is a deterrent. Is the point I was making.". As I pointed out, a deterrent is only a deterrent if you're prepared and expected to use it. By using the word "deterrent", you implied they should've been prepared to use that deterrent. If in your imagination, simply carrying a gun should subdue somebody else, how come he was kicking off anyway? In what way do you expect them to have used any batons? Pepper spray doesn't immobilise you, it just disorientates you even more.

At one point he was in the patrol car. He was handcuffed and in a caged vehicle. Why would it being a van make it any different? He had to be removed from the patrol car because of whatever he was doing in there.

How were they expected to restrain and immobilise him until this hypothetical van turned up? How long would that have taken?

When exactly did he show signs of calming down? He was under the influence of 2 drugs. He had to be forcibly dragged out of his car, dropped to the ground to try and avoid being put in the patrol car. Got up to whatever in the car. He never said or indicated "I give up, I'll come quietly".

He will have been needed to be restrained, because of the risk of injuring HIMSELF. They wouldn't have removed him from the patrol car just for fun.
You have not, and indeed cannot explain why 4no. Well equipped, well trained, professional policemen, failed to contain and control 1no. Unarmed man without killing him.

You can go on all you want about whatever you want, but you can’t explain that one very important point.

You can’t defend it, and you can’t mitigate it. The truth is simple.

I’ll tell you this, I guarantee if it was in the UK, he wouldn’t have died.