View Single Post
Old 25-06-2020, 20:49   #797
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Why mention guns if you're not expecting them to use them in some way? A deterrent is only a deterrent, if you're prepared to use it? Are you really saying they should've been prepared to shoot him?
You Are very good at putting words into people’s mouths, and making conclusions on that, based actually on what you have said.

They’ve got guns, they’ve got batons and they’ve got pepper spray and there’s 4 of them, In short they were well enough equipped to deal with one man - without killing him.

Quote:
Thrashing around in a confined space is not a good idea. If only for that person's own safety.
he was outside the vehicle.

Quote:
Difficult to be expected to come up with examples.
In the REAL WORLD.
. I didn’t say put him in the car, nor did I say unrestrained.

Quote:
What should they have whilst waiting for any fictional van? Let him run away?
Why is the van fictional?

No, like I said, 4 guys, cuff him, put him on his arse, next to the car, wait until he calms down. Hold him down if necessary - just not on his neck.

Quote:
Even in a van he would've needed restraining.
I’ve never said he shouldn’t be restrained. But cuffed and put in the back of a van (A proper caged van] by himself. He would’ve calmed down.

Quote:
Plenty of examples of where UK Police have had to use force.
I’ve never said they shouldn’t use force.

Bottom line is, they are a professional police force, he was one guy, unarmed, they should have the skill and ability to restrain him, detain him and immobilise him if necessary, without killing him. It is really that simple and straightforward.