Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 17-06-2020, 15:40   #1170
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
Oh, I don't know about a specific UHD channel. I guess that may come in the future.

I wasn't sure if Virgin would use the same approach as Sky using the red button or have a dedicated UHD channel for each.

Guess it makes sense after typing it to adopt the red button approach for now. Otherwise they may need a UHD channel for each sports channel that has UHD available.
The wording, as I recall, wasn't specific, but gave me impression there would be a broadcast element and maybe they were simply waiting for Sky to launch it. But perfectly easy that I misinterpreted it.

I'd think Sky would just launch one movie channel and one sports channel and the rest would be streaming, so maybe Sky Cinema Premiere UHD and Sky Sports Main Event UHD. That has been what I was expecting.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote