View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 11:43   #119
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
And that has happened in the UK how many times?

Because state oppression, killing or lack of bringing to justice those that kill Black people is not an issue in the UK as it is in the USA.

I have a view and I will express it, who are you to try and shout me down?

Already been through this with Ben, he’s better at than you btw, and it seemed evident that there was disparity. Which might be annoying, upsetting, frustrating and it needs to be looked at.........but nobody dies.

I don’t know, do you?[COLOR="Silver"]

</snip>.
to take your points in order.

1) There have several deaths in police custody of black people where excessive force has played a significant part in the death of a suspect. Look it up

2) Your opinion is detracting from the crux of the issue. It doesn't matter what the movement is called. the important part is the objective. I don't see BLM in the US complaining about people in the UK or other parts of the world using BLM. So why is it so important to you?

If you think saying someone is better than me is going to cause me to stop debating then I'm sorry you're wrong. If that wasn't the aim then i don't really see why you would choose to post a petty attempt at an insult.

Now, would you like to stop with the poor attempts at insults and use the significant intelligence you posses to engage in the important part of the issue?

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
People from either side will try and hijack it for whatever reason they want. 'All lives matter' might have been a better slogan, but a bit too subtle for the US, who need it spelling outto them what the issue is.

Why would 'All lives matter' have been a better slogan? Don't you think that detracts the focus from where it needs to be?