View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 22:31   #6
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Black Lives Matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It needs its own thread, looking at the scenes in London today, and previous days.

It’s horrific what happened to that man in the USA, and it is right to be outraged, but it didn’t happen here. Black U.K. citizens don’t need to fear being killed by the police, and before Hugh posts a load of links yes, I think it’s about 1 black person per year dies in police custody, 14 white do, but based on % population black people twice as likely .....but it’s splitting hairs as the numbers are so low anyway.

Black kids, in London especially, should be far more scared of other Black kids, than the police.

Black lives do matter, but they seem to matter less to other Black people.

If there were protests of this scale regularly, to the amount of young black kids being murdered every week in this country, I’d get behind that.

But for a person in another country, that has struggled with civil rights for longer and harder than we have. I understand coming out in solidarity, but defacing our monuments to our war dead. They’re disgusting.
I apologise in advance if I, later in the thread, raise relevant information and back them up with appropriate links.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...

btw, I don’t think the racism in this country is as bad as the USA - but that’s not a great caveat, imho (sort of like "my drink driving isn’t as bad as my mates - he does it most nights, I only do it once or twice a month...).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 06-06-2020 at 22:37.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote