View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 22:50   #1617
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Science Fiction, Fantasy, and other TV Snippets

I loved it when I was younger (8 years old) but like Buck Rogers and The A-Team etc, it is kids stuff, way to cheesy and not serious enough (my realism factor). I loved BSG 2003, it is my second favourite series ever behind B5. It isn't just about the special effects, the story was excellent, the tone and look of the series and you really felt the tension and the ever impending annihilation of the human race. There were many an episode when my heart was racing and I was on the edge of my seats thinking "this is it now, they have had it". In terms of my realism factor, when the humans got their asses kicked you saw it, whether it be big explosions on ships and destruction or some bloody dead bodies. It doesn't have to be guts and gore but when you have that kind of story line where killer robots are relentlessly hunting you down then you need to see what the consequences and repercussions of that are.

The thing which made this series stand out, like all great series, is three things. The acting, the story and the characters. It was truly an ensemble cast with no leading actor and every character was great. You have Adama, Tigh, Apollo, Starbuck, Dee, Gaeta, Chief Tyrell, Baltar, No. 6, Boomer etc. All fantastic and adding something different to the story. The one person who did do my head was flipping Billy (President Roslin's assistant), he was an absolute drip.

Last edited by General Maximus; 18-09-2019 at 22:55.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote