View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 09:29   #571
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
Sorry but I disagree with the it’s obviously worse comment. There are many people who suffer from both mental or physical disabilities who are a lot tougher than so called able bodied people.

Stop stigmatising that the bullying of people who suffer from disabilities is somehow worse, it’s not. As before it’s abhorrent in all its forms
It is worse for the reasons outlined and the law recognises this; downplaying it helps nobody. If you watched the programme you will have seen that Mencap are calling for the extension of Hate Crime legislation to deal with internet abuse.

I do recommend that you take a look and hear from those affected and the professionals that care for the disabled.

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Well I'd like to know if anyone of the public intervene? That's when I step in..If I come across it. Doesn't happen in this seaside village because we welcome everyone to come and spend their money and there are a fair few people of all ages living here who are disabled in some way. We also welcome those with mental disabilities as well as those with assistance dogs.
If more people were like the people in your village Maggy, many, many people would have a better quality of life.

Nobody intervened, but I don't know if passers by ignored the incident or if it's because there wasn't any other members of the public present at the time.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-02-2019 at 09:33. Reason: Added extra info after a phone call to answer Maggys question.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote